School Wide Positive Behaviour Support (SW-PBS)
“If a child doesn’t know how to read, we teach.
If a child doesn’t know how to swim, we teach.
If a child doesn’t know how to multiply, we teach.
If a child doesn’t know how to drive, we teach.
If a child doesn’t know how to behave, we..... teach?..... punish?"
School-wide Positive Behaviour Support (SW-PBS) is a framework that helps schools to plan and implement practices across the whole school, to improve educational and behaviour outcomes for all students.
The purpose of the framework is to develop clear and simple expectations, to teach the behaviours expected, and to reward students for meeting our expectations.
At Corpus Christi Catholic School our school wide expectations are
respect believe achieve
As school this means there is:
- Common purpose and approach to nurturing positive behaviours
- Clear set of positive behaviours and expectations
- Procedures for teaching expected behaviour
- Continuum of procedures for discouraging inappropriate behaviour and
- Procedures for on-going monitoring and evaluation
Respect Believe Achieve - PBS Matrix (524.0 KiB)
Behaviour Consequence (2.1 MiB)